- Stop beating yourself up, already. You were born innocent, and you are destroying yourself by living in guilt. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
- Love yourself and all your ‘flaws’. Your flaws are mechanisms to help you grow.
- Make accepting who you really are your highest priority. Admit that your person is not always smart and totally on top of its game, because its not, and that’s reality.
- Admit when you’re wrong. Always.
- Search for the beauty in others around you. Point it out to them. Consider that they may remember what you’ve said for the rest of their life.
- Don’t be afraid to smile at people. Practice frequently on babies and the elderly.
- Help someone who needs it. It’s going to be more important than whatever you think you need to get done at that time. We exist for each other.
- That being said, have the wisdom to save time and energy for yourself. Create the capacity to help others by empowering your own life (create time to do that in between other people needing you…and there is time).
- Give someone a gift for no reason. Could be a dandelion.
- Make someone laugh. Great if it can involve laughing at yourself (stop taking your ego so seriously).
- Make a positive impact. Figure it out.
- Hug people that need one. Touch them.
- Slow down, there’s nothing after you.**
- Take moments of silence to soothe the world’s turmoil with your pure love. It works; you do have an impact.
*This is what I’ve learned for myself. I love who I am, and I love you, even if we’ve never met.
**Lyrics from Lonely Dear, Hall Music